Protect your investment the PreFix way.
Monthly maintenance service that handles all repairs directly with tenants. Now available for landlords with up to 50 properties.Get Started
Save up to $1,500 per year on each property.
All property repairs, handled
Lower your costs and delight your tenants: PreFix is your answer to the high fees and poor service of property managers.
We take the hassle out of managing your tenants' repair needs.Read more
We manage your tenant’s repair needs, freeing up your time so you can get back to the important things. You don’t have to look for individual contractors, do any haggling, or manage tenant schedules.
At any time, we can update or change the person-of-contact for the property.Read more
Want to be the person-of-contact until you’ve tried out the service? Sure. Need to update the contact from the old tenants to the new? No problem. We handle all the account information so you don’t have to.
A spending threshold alert allows you to be as involved as you'd like.Read more
Reach the perfect level of involvement for your unique situation by setting a spending threshold alert. For minor repairs and routine maintenance, you won’t be bothered. Only get notified for repair or contractor work when the cost surpasses your set threshold.
It's easy to use
- Meet your property's Home Manager, your go-to for maintenance.
- If you need a fix, just text, email, or call. With your consent, tenants can even schedule minor repairs.
- Receive a free 30-point preventive maintenance service twice a year.
- For repairs that require specific licenses, we'll connect and coordinate with pre-vetted contractors for you.
$40/monthfor most homes
- $40 per unit per month*. There is no contract and you are free to cancel any time.
- $40/hour for general tasks**, with most tasks completed in an hour or less.
- Twice-yearly 30-point Preventive Maintenance service included
- Any work done by our pre-vetted, specialist, contractors is at negotiated rates.
*Homes with more than one HVAC system come at a slightly higher monthly rate.
**PreFix Specialty Services pricing differs, and is provided at quotation.
PreFix pays for itself
Landlords save up to $1,500 per year on each property, not to mention 30+ hours of management time.
Most repairs cost just $40 plus parts.
Maintain your investment
Yearly maintenance isn't top of mind for renters. But it is for us: A semi-annual 30-point preventive maintenance service on all appliances and systems is included with membership.
- Change AC filters
- Clean AC drain line and condenser coils
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change batteries
- Flush sediment out of water heater
Replace water filter in refrigerator (one free filter provided)
- Clean refrigerator condenser coil
- Confirm burners and lights work in oven and stove
- Inspect all appliance lights
- Sanitize dishwasher with natural cleaning agent
- Clean dishwasher drain and filter
- Sanitize garbage disposal
- Inspect toilets for valve leaks and replace as needed
- Unclog slow or blocked drains
- Inspect faucets for leaks and clean aerators
- Inspect exterior plumbing for proper installation
- Sanitize clothes washer with natural cleaning agent
- Clean lint out of dryer and outtake vent
- Clean clothes washer gasket
Your Home Manager team
Every PreFix member home has an assigned neighborhood Home Manager.
Our Home Managers are some of the most qualified people on earth: military veterans with impeccable records. They're your trusted partner who gets to know you and your home, even taking care of things when you're not home.
3+ Years experience as territory Home Manager in the Austin market, with extensive knowledge and expertise in all home maintenance and repair scope of work
Former U.S. Navy Operations Specialist in the Combat Information Center
Former database manager maintaining Global Command Control System
Studied business abroad at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
B.A., University of Texas
Over 10 years of experience in the maintenance field with experience in both warehouse facility maintenance and property management
Former Maintenance Supervisor / Property Manager at a top 25 nationally recognized property management company. Former Facility Maintenance Manager, and Occupational Safety Coordinator
EPA 608 Universal Certification, Certified Swimming pool operator (CPO) , ODEQ Class C Wastewater Operator License, Maintenance Technologist certification, and OSHA 10 & 30 certifications
Maintenance technician and building engineer for both multi-family developments and large healthcare facilities
Licensed Universal EPA 608 Refrigerant Technician and Certified Pool Operator (CPO)
Over 15 years of experience in maintenance and engineering in both multi-family and commercial buildings
Former lead at nationwide hospital restoration company
Mold remediation certification and HVAC Type II Certification
Ten years’ experience in facility maintenance and property management
Skilled in logistical operations and functional aesthetics
EPA Type II HVAC Certification
Keep each property in order
Access your Home Health Report, a comprehensive record of all your property maintenance with PreFix for each unit under management.
When it comes time to sell your rental, it’s common to see hesitation from potential buyers. How are they to be sure every tenant treated the space with respect and care?
Your Home Health Report functions as proof that your property has been well maintained, across all tenancy periods.
Check us out in:
Interested in signing up? Tell us a little more.